INFORMATION DESIGN EXERCISE & FLIP CLASSROOM TASK

INFORMATION DESIGN EXERCISE & FLIP CLASSROOM TASK

Information Design/Bachelor of Design(Honours) in Creative Media
Taylor's University

0363533/Chen nan




INSTRUCTIONS



1.Exercise 1:

I have chosen to use coins as my information arrangement tool. I left behind a lot of coins of different sizes and colors when I bought goods, and I can display them in an orderly arrangement.

Fig 1.1



Then I tried it

Fig 1.2

Obviously, the information of the arrangement was not clear, and Mr. told me to divide the color and size into groups, which I tried.

Fig 1.3

Outcome

Fig 1.4


2.Exercise 2 

L.A.T.C.H

Location / Alphabet / Time / Category / Hierarchy

Organize a group of information into a visual poster that combines and utilizes the LATCH principles (Minimum 4)

Progress

I chose the theme of Pokemon. There are many kinds of Pokemon, so it is easier to classify them.


I have referred to many cases on the Internet, and the following is a visual case that fits my idea.


                       


After analyzing the country case, I started to build my sketch, I chose to distinguish them by blocks, and then express the information.







Digitalize

I put the title in the middle and sorted the "Pokemon" piece by piece using different elements.



Final Exercise 2: L.A.T.C.H




Modification

After Mr. Hamimi's feedback, I changed my infographic design. The information in my infographic had many unclear places, such as location and time, and the expression was not clear, so I changed it.






FLIP 

FLIP 1: Different types of infographics & online tools

1.GROUP TASK

In your group, find out what are the different types of infographic + the kind of information they’re applicable for + an example for each identified type.


2.Individual Task

Pick one free online infographic tool and re-design one poorly constructed infographic poster through your own experimentation with the selected tool


I chose an infographic of the cooking steps.

Fig 2.1 Did not modify the previous picture

I made changes to this infographic.

Fig 2.2 The modified image

The design I changed:

Design templates

Fig 2.3 Design templates

Usefulness

I changed its color, the color of the original picture was very dull, gray and white, I added some colors to make it more prominent. There is no text to explain the original picture, but I added text to describe it to make it easier for people to understand. In the picture layout, the order of the pictures is relatively chaotic, I use linear description, so that people can understand the content of the picture more intuitively.

FLIP 2  Saul Wurman’s L.A.T.C.H


FLIP 3  Miller’s Law (Chunking)


FLIP 4  Manuel Lima’s 9 Directives Manifesto


FEEDBACK
WEEK 1

I can group the color of each coin into a group and the size into a group so that they are neatly arranged.

week 2

I need to sketch first, then make the design.

week 3

The information expressed by the message group is not very clear, such as the time, place, name, and layout is confused.


REFLECTION

Through this task, I learned the classification of information, how to make infographics, how to express information clearly and how to let people clearly know that information is the purpose of infographics, rather than arbitrarily designing maps.

评论

此博客中的热门博文

Typography (Week 1-Week 5) Task 1 (Exercise)

Design Research Methodology - Final Compilation and Reflection